Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sunday in the Garden II

Remember this post from a year ago with the same title? That day I convinced E to wear yellow and bring his tripod to Red Butte Garden so we could get a family photo. I was about 10 weeks pregnant at the time and it would be the last spring our family was only the two of us.

How our little family has changed.

Today was a glorious spring day in Utah. Splendid, fantastic, marvelous. E and I were again looking forward to visiting Red Butte Garden to see the 100,000 daffodils in bloom. We, again, dressed in yellow and set up the tripod near the same bench that we sat in 12 months ago.

The little bean that was in my tummy last April is quite a bit bigger now. And he is SO LOVED. Neither E or I were expecting to love him this much. All parents say that it is hard to understand how much you'll love your child until you have one, and it is such a cliche because it is true. I never imagined I'd adore James as much as I do.

And spending a beautiful spring day in the garden with the two people I love more than anything in this world was beyond perfect. Life couldn't get any better. I am so damn lucky. And I never ever want to take it for granted.

April 2009 - E and I enjoying a beautiful spring day. Baby November is just a bean in my tummy.
April 2010 - E and I enjoying a beautiful spring day. Baby November is a big happy boy named James.
All the daffodils are amazing. Such a burst of bright cheery color after a long dark winter.

Me and my boy.
Totally cute photo of my two boys. I swear, each time I take a photo of them and tell myself "they couldn't get any cuter" then they prove me wrong. I think James was laughing when I took this. Love it.
Mama and James watch the Canadian geese, and the magnolia trees were in bloom. Heavenly.

4 comments:

  1. Daffodils are my favourite, but I must say the best part of the garden is the three of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. James looks more like a big boy than a baby in these pics! What a precious flower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gone through your blog and found each and every picture looks perfect. My fav is the last one. Your baby is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love the daffodils!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails